|"On Your Way Down"|
|Season 2, Episode 3|
|Air date||May 8, 2011|
|US viewers||0.52 million|
|Written by||James Yoshimura|
|Directed by||Simon Cellan Jones|
| ← previous|
"Everything I Do Gonh Be Funky"
| next →|
"Santa Claus, Do You Ever Get the Blues?"
Toni interviews Officer Distel about Abreu's death, but after speaking with Colson she discovers Distel never filed a report of the murder. Desiree gets Antoine a job as a music teacher in an elementary school but he quits after being overwhelmed with children. LaDonna is raped and beaten while closing up the bar but does not want her husband to know she was raped when he sees her in the hospital.
Toni interviews Officer James Distel about Abreu's death, which he says he found the body decomposing inside the store, along with bullet casings. When Toni speaks with Colson, he says that Distel never filed a report of the murder. Antoine begins rehearsals with his new band mates, and believes they need a guitarist to fill out their sound. When collecting mail at Janette's house, Davis discovers her house has been robbed. Janette is forced to return to New Orleans to deal with the issue. When returning home, Sonny sees police raiding his apartment and taking his roommates in custody. In his wrecked apartment, his keyboard is broken and his guitar is missing. Nelson gives Robinette another job and puts him in charge of the demolition. Sofia begins an internship at councilman Oliver Thomas' office. Desiree gets Antoine a job interview at an elementary school as a music instructor, but he ends up leaving when he gets there as he is overwhelmed by all the kids running around. Sonny borrows Harley's guitar so he can audition for Antoine's band, Antoine Batiste and His Soul Apostles. Delmond fires his manager after poor music sales for his latest album. Albert has not begun working on his Indian suit for Carnival, and is able to get approved for the Road Home program. LaDonna is attacked by men after closing up the bar. LaDonna is found unconscious and beaten inside her bar by a man, who brings her to the hospital. At the hospital with her husband Larry, LaDonna does not want him to know she was raped.
- Khandi Alexander as LaDonna Batiste-Williams
- Rob Brown as Delmond Lambreaux
- Kim Dickens as Janette Desautel
- India Ennenga as Sofia Bernette
- Michiel Huisman as Sonny
- Melissa Leo as Antoinette Bernette
- Lucia Micarelli as Annie
- Clarke Peters as Albert Lambreux
- Wendell Pierce as Antoine Batiste
- Steve Zahn as Davis McAlary
- David Morse as Terry Colson
- Jon Seda as Nelson Hidalgo
- Lil Wayne - "Fireman": McAlary songwriting.
- The Soul Apostles - "Sneakin' Sally Through The Alley": Band rehearsal and sax audition.
- Rebirth Brass Band - "Roll With It": Gigi's jukebox, Shavers appreciates snare playing.
- Chris Kenner - "Sick and Tired": McAlary drives and listens to radio.
- Jimmy McCracklin - "The Walk": Batiste at home with Desiree.
- Allen Toussaint - "On Your Way Down": Gigi's jukebox, LaDonna closes the bar.
- New Orleans Cottonmouth Kings - "Delta Bound": Sonny at Spotted Cat.
- The Happy Talk Band - "May Day 1945": Sonny's roommates get busted.
- Lucien Barbarin - "Mack The Knife": Hidalgo & Robinette at hotel.
- Ornette Coleman - "The Blessing": After set music in bar at Dizzy's.
- The Soul Apostles - "Got To Get You Off My Mind": Soul Apostles rehearse.
- Supastarz - "Killers": Batiste in street outside Gigi's.
- Alvin Red Tyler - "New Orleans Cakewalk": Hidalgo in hotel bar.
- Steve Earle - "Tipitina": Sonny sees Harley playing on Frenchman St.
- Steve Earle - "Hometown Blues": Sonny sees Harley playing on Frenchman St.
- Louis Armstrong - "Mack The Knife": End titles.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|