|"Everything I Do Gonh Be Funky"|
|Season 2, Episode 2|
|Air date||May 1, 2011|
|US viewers||0.56 million|
|Written by||David Simon|
|Directed by||Tim Robbins|
| ← previous|
"Accentuate the Positive"
| next →|
"On Your Way Down"
Vincent approaches Toni to investigate his son's death. LaDonna considers getting live music for her bar. Antoine thinks about starting his own band, and Sonny, who is tired of playing on the streets, looks to join a band.
Vincent Abreu approaches Toni to investigate the death of his son from the storm. He was told by the police that his son was killed by looters, but is not given the full story by the NOPD. Albert moves into his old house, which is in worse shape than the bar that he lived in. LaDonna decides to get live music for her bar. Tired of playing for tips on the streets, Sonny looks for bands needing a guitarist. Antoine considers starting his own band, and begins looking for other musicians. For Thanksgiving, Annie has dinner with Davis and his family, much to his dismay. Nelson assembles a team of haulers to begin demolition and debris removal work.
- Khandi Alexander as LaDonna Batiste-Williams
- Rob Brown as Delmond Lambreaux
- Kim Dickens as Janette Desautel
- India Ennenga as Sofia Bernette
- Michiel Huisman as Sonny
- Melissa Leo as Antoinette Bernette
- Lucia Micarelli as Annie
- Clarke Peters as Albert Lambreux
- Wendell Pierce as Antoine Batiste
- Steve Zahn as Davis McAlary
- David Morse as Terry Colson
- Jon Seda as Nelson Hidalgo
- Kirk Joseph's Backyard Groove - "Thinking of Her": McAlary & Annie sort.
- Snooks Eaglin - "Nothing Sweet As You": Delmond stops at Pokes.
- Dalton Reed - "Party On The Farm": Delmond arrives in cab.
- Dirty Dozen Brass Band - "What A Friend We Have In Jesus": Gigi's jukebox.
- Kermit Ruffins - "When I Die (You Better Second Line)": Batiste & Kermit at Bullet's.
- Kermit Ruffins - "I Got A Woman": Batiste & Kermit at Bullet's, Hidalgo & Reyes attend.
- Mark Lemmler - "Lemmler's Blues": Batiste visits Music Exchange.
- Walter Wolfman Washington - "Mary Ann": Ladonna & Family at Gigi's.
- Mem Shannon - "Who Are They": Bar with Batiste & Sofia.
- Kermit Ruffins - "Call To The Post": Kermit at the racetrack.
- Dirty Dozen Brass Band - "Everything I Do Gonh Be Funky (From Now On)": McAlary at WWOZ, montage.
- Big Freedia - "Gin In My System": McAlary & Mimi at Bounce Club.
- Yippy - "Sissy Nobby": McAlary & Mimi at Bounce Club.
- Hot 8 Brass Band - "New Orleans After The City": Batiste at Hot 8 Gig.
- Cry To Me - "Professor Longhair": Jeffy Jeff on WWOZ.
- Clarence "Frogman" Henry - "Ain't Got No Home": End titles.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|