|"All On a Mardi Gras Day"|
|Season 1, Episode 8|
|Air date||June 6, 2010|
|US viewers||0.54 million|
|Written by||Eric Overmyer|
|Directed by||Anthony Hemingway|
| ← previous|
"Smoke My Peace Pipe"
| next →|
"Wish Someone Would Care"
New Orleans gears up for Fat Tuesday, the peak of the Mardi Gras celebrations. LaDonna conceals the news of her brother's death from her mother, which causes her to opt out of the ceremony hopeful that he will join them next year. Antoine sleeps with LaDonna at the bar, causing them both to miss celebrating with their new families. Albert sits out the festivities in jail, until Delmond bails him out. Annie and Sonny both meet new lovers. Janette spends the day serving food before throwing herself into the party. The celebrations fail to lift Creighton, who goes home to rant again.
LaDonna continues to keep her silence regarding Daymo’s death, which leads her mother to opt out of celebrating Mardi Gras, hopeful that Daymo will be able to join them next year. Albert’s hearing is delayed, preventing him from participating in Mardi Gras festivities. Creighton waxes nostalgic about previous parades. Despite Toni’s belief that Mardi Gras will cheer him up, he becomes depressed and returns home. Sonny goes off by himself and ends up having sex with a woman who hears of his heroic exploits. Annie meets Davis and spends the evening with him. Delmond spots a group of Mardi Gras Indians dancing, raising his spirits. Antoine and LaDonna have a romantic encounter in LaDonna’s bar, causing them to miss having dinner with their loved ones. After serving food throughout the day, Janette spends the evening wandering the streets while drunk and high. Creighton films an extremely negative YouTube video and passes out on the porch, where Toni finds him the next morning. Delmond bails Albert out of jail. LaDonna begins to make funeral arrangements.
- Khandi Alexander as LaDonna Batiste-Williams
- Rob Brown as Delmond Lambreaux
- Kim Dickens as Janette Desautel
- India Ennenga as Sofia Bernette
- Michiel Huisman as Sonny
- Melissa Leo as Antoinette Bernette
- Lucia Micarelli as Annie
- Clarke Peters as Albert Lambreux
- Wendell Pierce as Antoine Batiste
- Steve Zahn as Davis McAlary
- Aaron Neville - "Struttin' On Sunday": Opening montage.
- Lucia Micarelli (Annie) & Michiel Huisman (Sonny) - "": Second Line on Monday.
- John Boutte - "The Treme Song": Main titles.
- Ivan Neville & Dumpstaphunk - "Meanwhile...": The Howlin' Wolf.
- Professor Longhair - "Big Chief Part II": Praline Connection.
- Wild Magnolias - "I'm Back": Poke's.
- Bob French & The Tuxedo Jazz Band - "Milenberg Joys": Donna's Bar & Grill.
- Professor Longhair - "Go To The Mardi Gras": Mardi Gras morning montage.
- Steve Zahn (Davis McAlary) - "Battle of New Orleans": Davis McAlary's parent's house.
- Dr. John - "Mardi Gras Day": Convertible on crowded street.
- Soul Rebels - "Let Your Mind Be Free": Source music at Anthony's party.
- Redeye - "Ooh Na Nay": Parade.
- The Wild Magnolias - "Injuns, Here They Come": Parade.
- Professor Longhair - "Go To The Mardi Gras": Bernette home.
- The Meters - "Hey Pocky A-Way": Gigi's place.
- Dirty Dozen Brass Band - "Mardi Gras in New Orleans": One-Eyed Jack's.
- Pete Fountain - "While We Danced at The Mardi Gras": Cafe Rose.
- Katey Red - "So Much Drama": One-Eyed Jack's.
- Rebirth Brass Band - "Do Whatcha Wanna": Backstreet Museum.
- Tom McDermott - "Camptown Races": Lolis' party.
- Tom McDermott - "If Ever I Cease to Love": Lolis' party.
- Kim Dickens (Janette Desautel) - "Iko Iko": Cab stand.
- Johnny Adams - "Tell It Like It Is": Gigi's Place.
- Champion Jack Dupree - "Yella Pocahontas": Delmond's rental car.
- Stink Bomb - "Eddie Bo": Paige Royer's Apartment.
- Big Sam's Funky Nation - "Come Down To New Orleans": Le Bon Temps Roule.
- The Iguanas - "Is This Love": Bernette's guest house.
- Tommy Malone - "Fat Tuesday": End titles.
- ↑ Gorman, Bill (June 8, 2010). Sunday Cable Ratings: NASCAR Pocono, MTV Movie Awards, Army Wives, Breaking Bad & Much More. TV by the Numbers.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|